top of page



What can we help you with?


Legal support

Southern Communities Advocacy Legal Education Service Inc. (SCALES)

SCALES provides free legal advice, information and representation to low income people living in the Kwinana and Rockingham areas. SCALES also provides a state wide service in the area of immigration. SCALES deals with clients predominantly in the following areas:

  • criminal law;

  • domestic violence;

  • family law;

  • public housing and tenancy;

  • immigration and refugee law;

  • Centrelink;

  • criminal injuries compensation,

  • equal opportunity claims,

  • consumer, contract, debt and civil law.


Cultural support

Community language school - the Office of Multicultural Interests 

The Office of Multicultural Interests (OMI) provi​des support to eligible not-for-profit community organisations to teach lan​​guages other than​​ English ​for students from Kindergarten to Year 12 out ​of ​school hours. 


Contact details


Phone: (08) 6552 1603


Refer to the Community Language School FAQs​ for general information about funding, such as eligibility requirements, what applications can be supported, and how to apply.​


Translation and Interpretation

Translated versions are available in:




Financial support

Red Cross 

Emergency relief support for people on temporary visas. One -off cash payment only.

Applications ONLY through 

Those who require assistance can seek Red Cross support through: 

  • Drop into Asylum Seeker Hub (1 Thorogood Street, Burswood) on Tuesdays between 2-5pm  

  • Red Cross Hub (110 Goderich Street, East Perth) on Thursdays 9-11am, best if appointment is made in advance via 08 9225 8888 

Multicultural Services Centre WA

Rent and bill payments  

  • $400/household 

Supermarket vouchers 

  • $100/individual 

  • $150/family 

Complete online application: 

Riverview Community Services

Rent, bill payments, medical 

Call  (08) 9416 0000

St Vincent de Paul 

Bill payments, rent, and supermarket vouchers. Support will be provided after a visit by a member of the local SVDP conference 

Call 1300 794 054 on Monday to Friday between 9am – 1pm 

St Vincent de Paul Migrant and Refugee Committee 

Rent, bill payments, supermarket vouchers 

Phone Call Centre on 1300 794 054 weekdays 9:00am to 1:00pm.

Jacaranda Community Centre 

Rent, bill payments, supermarket vouchers 

Call 94774346 or email   

Uniting Care West 

Bill payments, food, medication 

Client to call on 9220 1255 



health support

We understand that this has been a challenging time for our students whose plans have been disrupted, and many with family or friends who have been impacted by COVID-19.

We encourage you to seek help if you are feeling uneasy or have concerns. Seeking help will not affect your enrolment or your visa.

Below are some helpful resources:


Mental health

Lifeline | Phone 13 11 14

Department of Health | Head to Health

One Door Mental Health | Emotional Support in Mandarin and English

Headspace Australia | COVID-19 Support 

Headspace App | COVID-19 Resources

Beyond Blue | National Help Lines and Websites 

Beyond Blue | Mental Health During the COVID-19 Outbreak

Embrace Mental Health | Multicultural Mental Health Site (many languages available)

Ask Izzy | COVID-19 Support Resource


Physical and Social health

Insider Guides | OSHC provider responses

Insider Guides | Self-isolating in a share house

Insider Guides | Seeing friends when you can’t leave the house

Insider Guides | Maintaining a healthy diet during COVID-19

RetireGuide | Does Medicare Cover COVID-19 Vaccines?


VISA support

Migration WA - Settlement information

This section provides information to assist skilled migrants in establishing their life in Western Australia.

It includes information on: 

  • moving to Western Australia;

  • employment;

  • children and education;

  • health;

  • transport and services;

  • sport and recreation;

  • useful information; and

  • emergency services.

>> Register your arrival 

>> CaLD specialist employment and training support

For any of our services, contact us on +61 8 9224 6540 or click on the corresponding icon below.

  • ​Our Overseas Qualifications Unit can provide you with a comparative assessment of your post-secondary qualifications such as:

    • completed formal higher education
        qualifications; or

    • formal technical and vocational studies   
        (Certificate IV and above).

  • Western Australian Migration Services can help you with:

    • regional certification advice for the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa; and

    • State nomination for permanent skilled nominated and temporary
        skilled nominated visas.



There are a number of questions surrounding visas at the moment, particularly as some people are unable to return to their home countries. For up to date information regarding visas, please visit the Home Affairs website. We have answered a number of FAQ’s below related to visas.


Legal support
Financial support
Cultural support

Contact details

Suite 3, St Nicholas Community Centre14 Council Avenue 

(PO Box 542, ROCKINGHAM WA 6968)


T: 08 95500 400

F: 08 9527 4802



Visa support

You can also drop in and see us at: Migration Services

Department of Training and Workforce


Prospect PlaceWest Perth WA 6005

bottom of page